Veggie Saver is an award-winning design that is scientifically proven to keep your fruit and veggies fresh for two weeks or more in the crisper of your fridge. Made up of multiple, unique layers of non-toxic, unbleached and unseeded cotton, its award-winning design allows for moisture to be pulled through the outer layers to enhance hydration, while the inner layers promote breathing and reduce ethylene build-up, so fruit and veggies are kept fresh, crisp, and nutrient-dense - for longer.
Veggie Saver is the perfect alternative, plastic-free storage solution, is machine washable and 100% compostable.
Your award-winning Veggie Saver will not only keep fruit & veggies fresh for 2+ weeks*, but you'll also waste less food, spend less on produce gone bad and help protect the planet by reducing your use of plastic items.
*Research conducted by Applied Horticulture Research, 2021.
How to use your Veggie Saver
Before using, cool-machine wash your Veggie Saver, preferably with a plant-based detergent. Hang to dry in full sun (avoid the dryer as it will shrink!). This critical first step relaxes the fabric and activates its water-absorbing superpowers, so please don't skip it! Before storing the Veggie Saver into your crisper, wipe out your fridge and crisper with white vinegar to remove any nasties.
How to use:
- Soak your produce in a sink full of lukewarm water with a splash of white vinegar for 15 minutes to reduce germs and bacteria. Pat dry really well. This step is not required; however, is recommended as best practice.
- Dampen your Veggie Saver under the tap a little and massage the water into the middle layer, wringing out any excess water. The inside of the bag should be dry in parts and not noticeably wet. Too much dampness is not good for your fruit and veggies. Whenever you start to feel the outer layer dry out then it’s time to reapply water. You don’t have to take all the contents out, just sprinkle it with water from the outside and put it back in your crisper.
- Place your produce in your Veggie Saver and then into the crisper of your fridge for best results.
- Machine wash every 2-3 weeks or as needed.
Most fruit and veggies can be mixed together in your Veggie Saver using the instructions above. Product Specifications
Dimensions: Width: 39cm x Height: 40cm (flap open)
Width: 39cm x Height: 30cm (flap closed)
Content: Made from multiple unique layers of 100% natural unseeded, unbleached cotton materials, the Veggie Saver is both non-toxic and non-allergenic.
Care: Before using, turn inside out and cool-machine wash your Veggie Saver. Dry the bag inside out, in full sun. Make sure your bag is 100% dry before putting it away. Once washed, it will become more absorbent and will be more efficient at keeping your produce fresh. Wash your bag every two weeks and follow the instructions on the care label.
Manufactured: Designed in Australia and manufactured in India
Environmental qualities: Plastic-free, non-toxic, compostable, reduce household food waste
Certifications: The manufacturer of Veggie Saver is certified by SEDEX for Ethical Trading practices. SEDEX also reviews the Supply Chain and conducts an audit of the factory every year with results posted on its website.
- POPatrice O.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars8 months agoVeggie Saver Bag
They are amazing and do what they sat they will do. Fruit and veggies stay fresh for two - three weeks.
I had a problem with the stitching on one bag and notified that this was a problem. It was replaced immediately. Wonderful product, wonderful service. Thank you.
- MMargaretVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoIt really does save the veggies!
I've been using this bag for a few months. Recently I had to go away unexpectedly. When I returned after nearly 2 weeks, I expected a lot of waste, but found that all the veggies, cut or whole, remained fresh. Even the broccoli was only slightly wilted, and quite usable.
This really is a good product. The only suggestion I could make is for it to be a little bit wider in capacity, but otherwise it's perfect for me.
- DFDianne F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoGreat eco-friendly veggie bag
This really is a great way to store vegetables and keep them fresh. So easy, wash first, dry, and then soak in some vinegared water for 15 minutes, dry off and then you're off to saving your vegetables from wilting. So easy to just sprinkle water over the padded area every few days. I love this bag and will probably get another one so that I can keep my cut veggies in a separate bag.
- MJMelaniejane J.I recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10 months agoAbsolutely amazing
Omg finally something that saves us money. We have tried other bags that didn’t work. We live in far north Qld, fruit n vegetables lasts about 5 days at best. I’ve had carrots in the bag for 2 weeks now, and they’re still hard as anything. I want another bag when they’re back in stock. Great product!’n
- CFColleen F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10 months agoGreat bag.
I love them. so glad I bought 2. They work a treat, veggies staying fresh and crisp all week. Very happy customer.